Who Needs a Mummy MOT®?
Up to half of all women experience weakness in both the abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and up to a third still have a tummy gap at eight weeks post-birth. This can cause instability or poor core strength leading to women developing pelvic or back pain or bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction. These conditions should not be something you should just put up with as a result of having a baby.
It’s recommended that women have an initial assessment after their 6-8 week GP check, but we also treat women who gave birth years ago that may still have a tummy gap or related pelvic floor issues.
Our specialist women’s health physio Silvia Dias is fully trained and licensed to carry out a Mummy MOT®.
Mums need to bend, squat and lift so we provide clinical postnatal care and functional exercises for female clients following birth (no matter how long ago).
90 minute assessment
- Full postural screen.
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment.
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation.
- Screening for bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction.
- Education and advice on safe activities such as lifting your baby or pushing a buggy.
- Bespoke rehabilitation programme with your goals and lifestyle factors in mind.
- Written report of the findings of your assessment.